Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's a part of me now.

Like new leaves on a tree; like the silicone in breast implants; like antlers on a deer....(you catch my drift)....my halo has become an appendage. I can't seem to take it off! I feel powerful and unstoppable, yet light on my feet - dare I say, as though I can fly! I have shed my wings because I was getting funny looks in Stop & Shop the other day....but the halo I cannot part with.

I am happy to report that I am not alone in this, though! I saw Cheryl coming out of the liquor store with her sparkly halo shining in the sun. There have been reports that Wendy had hers on while cleaning inmates' teeth at the prison -- apparently they thought they had seen the light and were on their way "home." And Chris was out for a walk with hers in the neighborhood. Then I saw it on her husband! It's contagious! Or is it just with the wacky ones who live in the woods of West Greenwich?

2 comments:

The Queen said...

I skipped with glee across the meadow, singing, picking flowers, feeling the sun on my face.......then I just cried, tears poured down because.........I DON'T HVE A HALO!

Cheryl said...

Did I hear someone call the Accessory Dept??? I absolutely will have a Halo put aside for The Queen.....can't have her out there skipping in the flowery meadows without proper Angel head gear!!